Corporate Wellness Facilitation
According to the World Health Organization stress has been called the “health epidemic of the 21st century”
When you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed, what other areas of your life is this affecting? Is it affecting your relationships? Is it affecting your health? How long can your body physically and emotionally keep on going before it gives in and collapses? Is it affecting your work? How productive can you actually be if you are burned out?
If you don’t get your stress under control… you could lose it all – your health, your relationships, family and your career!
South African Workplace Stress
“Globally, research has shown that the risks of chronic diseases of lifestyle – including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory conditions, and certain cancers – play a significant role in employee illness and absenteeism – as well as reduced levels of workplace morale, engagement, and productivity.
Since people spend a great deal of their lives at work, and work significantly impacts stress and lifestyle, employers can positively influence their staff’s ability to make healthy choices with a focus on the fourth bottom line: human capital.”
- Employees in South Africa who are outside of the healthy range had 27% more visits to the doctor, 55% more days in hospital and lost 72% days due to illness or injury.
- 68% of employees do not meet physical activity guidelines.
- 52% of employees have 5 or more risk factors outside of healthy range.
- 61% of employees have an unhealthy weight, with 28% being obese.
- 73% of employees are motivated to improve their health in at least one key risk factor.
- 92% of employees have a vitality age older than their actual age
A recent survey by global healthcare organization Optum showed that 82% of employees working at companies with health and wellness programs said these initiatives would encourage them to stay in their jobs longer.” – Healthy Company Index – Discovery Health