How often are you saying (or thinking)… “I’m so tired”, “I feel drained”, “I’m stressed”?
If you are, then don’t you want a different story? If you are feeling tired of feeling tired imagine how everyone around you feels!
Perhaps life has run away with you and you are feeling depleted and only feel like a shell of yourself. So maybe it is time to look at things from a different perspective and make a few lifestyle changes.
We all know that an unhealthy lifestyle of smoking, constantly eating take-outs, drinking too much alcohol and sugar drinks, not getting enough sleep, not exercising, dealing with constant stress, being in toxic situations, all contribute to spiking then dropping our energy levels. All these factors leave us feeling tired, irritated and with physical pain such as headaches, stomach issues or even worse… life-long chronic diseases such as diabetes or heart disease.
By changing just a few lifestyle habits you can boost your energy to see and feel instant transformations in your life, work and relationships. Make energy boosting lifestyle changes to strengthen your immune system, elevate your mood, regulate your appetite, reduce your stress levels and balance your lifestyle.
All it requires is to take one step at a time and change a few habits for the better. It is that simple.
Here are a few healthy lifestyle tips on how to boost, increase your energy levels and get that natutal high:
Eat your greens
- Stock up your fridge with fruit and veg that you enjoy eating
- Make your own healthy home cooked meals
- Eat breakfast every day – if this is something to get used to then consider making yourself a Nutribullet smoothie in the morning
- Do you know that besides feeling groggy and irritable, missing out on sleep can lead to weight gain!
- The amount of your sleep depends on your lifestyle but a general guideline is 7-9hrs per night of uninterrupted sleep
Get your heart pumping
- Release your happy hormones and endorphins by doing exercise and heart pumping workouts that you enjoy
- Regular exercise is good for your body, heart, mind and mood. Remember that moderate amount of exercise will make a difference and no matter what your age or fitness level you can use exercise as a powerful tool to boost your energy levels and feel better
Breathe in fresh air
- Go for a walk outdoors and take long deep breathes
- Soak up some sunshine which releases vitamin D in your body and will lift your spirits
Clear your head
- Reduce your stress levels, mental fatigue and anxiety by clearing your mind from worries
- Meditate daily for the full benefits of experiencing greater value from life in terms of health and happiness; it really doesn’t have to be such a daunting task.
- Talk to an expert to get your thoughts and concerns out of your head, or perhaps even just having a diary or to-do list to write things down will help with de-cluttering your mind and creating space in your head
Get your natural high
- Take your supplements and natural products to assist you to increase your energy levels
- Chat to a consultant at Wellness Warehouse if you are unsure as to what your body specifically needs.
Do your health checks
- Perhaps even visit the nurse at Wellness Warehouse and do a full Discovery Health Check to learn about your risk for chronic diseases of lifestyle by testing your blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol and weight – plus earning thousands of Discovery points while doing so! She will also be able to help with specific natural supplements you may need to take
- If you are living with constant drained energy it might be a good idea to go for Live Blood Analysis for immediate insights into your health and to check for blood sugar and hormonal imbalances, allergies, parasites or bacteria, acidity levels in your body, activity of your immune system, condition of your red blood cells and general organ ‘stress’.
- By looking through your ‘sunshine sunnies’ and having a positive outlook on life, you maintain high energy levels and keep happy vibes flowing
- Download positive affirmation card apps for daily inspiration
- Read books, watch YouTube videos, sign up to websites that inspire you and get you into a happy place
Energize with Yoga
- Backbends open up the heart, liberate your soul, stimulate your body, get your heart pumping and energize your whole system. Try some of these backbend postures
- Cobra – Bhujangasana
- Locust – Salabhasana
- Camel – Ustrasana
- Bridge & wheel – Dwi Pada Peetham & Urdhva Dhanurasana
- Finish your backbend sequence with child pose or down dog as a counter pose
- To see examples of how to do each posture correctly visit our YouTube page – youtube.com
Write a list of new Healthy Habits you can integrate into your life this week and action them then notice how your energy levels increase, how your mood lifts and how your aches and pains start to disappear.
Remember that your energy flows where your attention goes, so spend a few minutes each day integrating your healthy habits into your life and enjoy the light-hearted and happy outlook!
Written by Sharni Quinn for the Love Health Blog